Sunday, November 20, 2011

Gearing Up for the Holidays


Is it really that time of year again? 
The time when memories are made, family is together and good food is shared. The answer is yes. An entire year has passed and we are entering (if not there) the hustle and bustle of the holiday season. 

 As we decorated our Christmas tree, I thought back to last year. Thankful we took our time putting away decorations, as it was not hard to sort through everything. 
What happened last year? It was such a blur, a rotten holiday season to say the least. Why does it seem like tragedy strikes most during the holidays? Is it just because we put so much stress on ourselves to be happy specifically for two months out of the year, therefore it is on the forefront of our mind? Maybe so. 


Well, after gliding through the holiday season last year without so much as one great memory, I have made it my mission to have a wonderful season this year. 2011 Holidays must be better than 2010, right? 

Starting out to conquer my mission, I thought about what makes me happy. I love cooking. Well, baking is really my biggest love. What better activity than whipping up something to bake? 
So I set out to make some very delicious baked caramel apple turnovers. 


What else is the holidays about? FAMILY. This year is going to be filled with family. How exciting is that?! Starting on Tuesday (about midnight :)) our family will trickle in for visits. It will be nice seeing as though we have lived in Arizona for almost a year now. We have seen minimal family since our move so it is a welcomed treat this season.

So food, family, memories and fun. That's what a great season means to me. It will be one filled with laughter, love and family, and I CAN'T WAIT!

 Cheers and Happy Holidays to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment